- Initial discussion is held with the client to work out the requirements
- A time is organised for one of our design consultants to meet either at the clients home or a convenient location to further discuss requirements
- The furniture designer will assist the client to work up a detailed design and if required the designer will take measurements and provide samples of fabrics, leathers, timber etc to assist with the design. This process may occur over one or several meetings and may include a factory visit if the client so wishes
- The furniture design consultant will provide a written quotation or several if different options are being looked at. These may include quotes using different manufacturers in the group and/or different timbers or finishes or different fabric/leather types. The order also details delivery costs using The Australian Furniture Directory specialist contractor.
- When client is ready to proceed to order the consultant will complete a detailed client order. A 30% deposit to The Australian Furniture Directory is obtained from the client via cash payment, online transfer or major credit card. An estimated delivery date is provided on the sales order.
- The Australian Furniture Directory places an order on the factory including any detailed drawings and any special requests such as hold points where the client may wish to inspect the furniture under construction.
- At or near completion The Australian Furniture Directory will contact the client to arrange delivery.
- Furniture is delivered and installed, if required. Client signs off to accept delivery and provides final payment.
Helping client with fabric selection
Custom-made means unlimited variations
Dowel and glue joints provide strength and durability
Local manufacturing provides local apprentice training jobs
Quality hardware fittings
Ready for staining to match clients sample
Extension table insert being fitted
Preparing to fit custom-made seat cushions
Finished product delivered
Demonstrating extension table operation
Another happy AFD customer